The water blocking filler rope is a kind of water blocking material used in cables which is made of polyester fiber non-woven fabric and super absorbent resin through impregnation, bonding, drying, and finally twisting. This rope has characteristics with water resistance, heat resistance and chemical stability, no acid and alkali, no corrosion, large water absorption capacity, high tensile strength, low moisture content, etc.
Normally, outdoor cables are laid in a damp and dark environment. If damaged, the water will flow into the cable along the damage point and affect the cable by changing the capacitance of the cable and reduce the signal transmission strength. The XLPE insulated power cables will generate water branches, which will seriously cause insulation breakdown. Therefore, in order to prevent water from entering into the cable, some waterproof materials will be filled or wrapped inside the cable. The water blocking filling rope is one of the most commonly used water-blocking filling materials because of its strong water-absorbing capacity. At the same time, the water-blocking filling rope can make the cable core round and improve the cable appearance quality and increase the cable tensile performance. It can not only block the water, but also fill the cable.
The water blocking filler rope we provided has the following characteristics:
1) Soft texture, free bending, light bending, no delamination powder;
2) Uniform twist and stable outer diameter;
3) The gel is uniform and stable after expansion;
4) Unloose winding.
Water blocking filler rope is suitable for filling water resistance type power cables, marine cables, etc.
|Model||Nominal diameter (mm)||Water absorbing capacity (ml/g)||Pulling strength (N/20cm）||Breaking elongation (%)||Moisture content (%)|
|Note: In addition to the specifications in the table, we can also provide other specifications of water blocking filler rope according to customers’ requirements.|
water blocking filler rope has two packaging methods according to its specifications.
1) Small size (88cm*55cm*25cm): The product is wrapped in a moisture-proof film bag and put into a woven bag.
2) Large size (46cm*46cm*53cm): The product is wrapped in a moisture-proof film bag and then packed in a waterproof polyester non-woven bag.
1) The product shall be kept in a clean, dry and ventilated warehouse. It shall not be piled up with inflammable goods and shall not be near the fire source;
2) The product should avoid direct sunlight and rain;
3) The packaging of the product shall be complete to avoid contamination;
4) Products shall be protected from heavy weight, falls and other external mechanical damage during storage and transportation.