Mylar tape, also known as polyester tape, is an insulating tape-shaped material made of blank slices and mother slices with polyethylene terephthalate(PET) as the main raw material, after pre-crystallization and drying, enter the extruder for melt extrusion, and then casting, stretching, winding, and slitting.
Mylar tape has a very wide range of applications in cable products. It is used to bind the cable core after cabling of communication cable, control cable, data cable, optical cable and other products, to prevent the cable core from loosening, and also has the functions of blocking water and moisture. When there is a metal braided shielding layer outside the cable core, it can also prevent the metal wire from piercing the insulation and causing short circuit or voltage breakdown. When extruding the sheath, it can prevent the sheath from scalding the cable core at high temperature and play the role of heat insulation.
The polyester tape that we provided has characteristics of smooth surface, no bubbles, no pinholes, uniform thickness, high mechanical strength, good insulation performance, puncture resistance, friction resistance, high temperature resistance, smooth wrapping without slipping, it is an ideal tape material for cable / optical cable.
We can provide natural color or other colors of polyester tapes according to customers’ requirements.
|Nominal Thickness||Tensile Strength||Breaking Elongation||Dielectric Strength||Melting Point|
|Note: More specifications, please contact our sales staff.|
1) Mylar tape in spool is wrapped with wrapping film and placed in a glued wooden box with a bubble bag.
2) Mylar tape in pad is packed in plastic bag and put into cartons, then palletized, and wrapped with wrapping film.
Pallet and wooden box size: 114cm*114cm*105cm
1) The product shall be kept in a clean, dry and ventilated warehouse.
2) The product should not be stacked together with flammable products and should not be close to fire sources.
3) The product should avoid direct sunlight and rain.
4) The product should be packed completely to avoid moisture and pollution.
5) The product shall be protected from heavy pressure and other mechanical damage during storage.