The plastic coated steel tape is a metal composite tape material made of stainless steel tape or chrome-plated steel tape as base material, and single-sided or double-sided laminate polyethylene(PE) plastic layer or copolymer plastic layer, and then slit.
Using the method of longitudinal wrapping, plastic coated steel tape can form a composite sheath of the optical fiber cable with the outside extruded polyethylene sheath to play a role of water blocking, moisture blocking and armouring. In order to improve its bending performance, it can be corrugated to improve the flexibility of optical fiber cable.
We can provide copolymer-type single-sided/ double-sided plastic coated chrome-plated steel tape, copolymer-type single-sided/ double-sided plastic coated stainless steel tape, polyethylene-type single-sided/ double-sided plastic coated chrome-plated steel tape, polyethylene-type single-sided/ double-sided plastic coated stainless steel tape.
The plastic coated steel tape provided by us have the characteristics of smooth surface, uniform, high tensile strength, high heat sealing strength, and good compatibility with filling compounds. In particular, copolymer-type plastic coated steel tape has good performance in achieving bonding at lower temperatures.
The color of the plastic coated chrome-plated steel tape is green, and the color of the plastic coated stainless steel tape is natural.
Mainly used in outdoor optical fiber cable, submarine optical fiber cable and other products, and forms a composite sheath with the outer sheath, which plays the role of water blocking, moisture blocking and armoring.
|Nominal Total Thickness (mm)||Nominal Steel Base Thickness (mm)||Nominal Plastic Layer Thickness (mm)|
|Note: More specifications, please contact our sales staff.|
|plastic coated chrome-plated steel tape||plastic coated stainless steel tape|
|Tensile Strength (MPa)||310～390||460～750|
|Breaking Elongation (%)||≥15||≥40|
|Peel Strength (N/cm)||≥6.13|
|Heat Seal Strength (N/cm)||≥17.5|
|Cutting strength||When breakdown happens to steel tape or damage happens between film and steel, damage never happen to the heat seal area between plastic layers.|
|Jelly Resistance (68℃±1℃，168h)||No Delamination between steel tape and plastic layer.|
plastic coated steel tape
|1kV d.c，1min，No breakdown|
plastic coated steel tape
|2kV d.c，1min，No breakdown|
Between each pad of plastic coated steel tape, a plastic plate is placed to prevent indentation, then tightly wrapped with green film, placed on the pallet, a layer of plywood is placed on the top, and finally fixed with a bandage.
1) The product shall be kept in a clean, dry and ventilated warehouse. The warehouse should be ventilated and cool, avoid direct sunlight, high temperature, heavy humidity, etc., to prevent products from swelling, oxidation and other problems.
2) The product should not be stacked together with flammable products and should not be close to fire sources.
3) The product should be packed completely to avoid moisture and pollution.
4) The product shall be protected from heavy pressure and other mechanical damage during storage
5) The product cannot be stored in the open air, but a tarp must be used when it must be stored in the open air for a short time.